Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Contest, An Award, and Some More Random Stuff



Lots of info for you today! First up, Shannon at Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe is having a contest. Just pop over to her blog and scroll down to the post titled "Contest Starts Today." The details are listed, and you can choose your prize if you win. The choices are: NERDS signed by Michael Buckley, Dreamdark: Blackbringer signed by Laini Taylor, or Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy signed by Robin Preiss Glasser. I'm going for Dreamdark if I win!


Second, I am proud and humbled to say that I was given two more awards last week by THREE different people! I just wanted to take a few days before passing the honors on to some more deserving folks. However, I'm just doing one award today and I'll pass on the other next week. So, I'm excited to say that I was given the Heartfelt Award by two of these ladies: Tina Lynn at Sweet Niblets and Diana at Writing Roller Coasters. I have enjoyed really getting to know them these past few weeks and I love visiting their blogs.

Do you reach for a cup of cocoa or tea when you're relaxing, seeking comfort, sharing a plate of cookies with family and friends? You know the feeling you get when you drink a yummy cup of cocoa, tea, or a hot toddy? That is what the Heartfelt Award is all about, feeling warm inside. Rules: put the logo on your blog/post. Nominate up to nine blogs which make you feel comfy or warm inside. Be sure to link your nominees within your post. Let them know that they have been nominated by commenting on their blog. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.

Here are my nominees:
Jade at Jade Hears Voices for her hilarious posts,

Julie at Silver Linings for her thoughtful insights (and I love the music, too)

Kristi Faith at Random Acts of Writing for her great writing tips (and for being one of my very first followers)

I would nominate more, but I'm tired. The oldest kids were home today sick, and it rained all day, and now I'm getting their cold. You know, the headache part, sore throat, runny nose. Let's just say my day was not the best one I've had lately. Oh, my latest word count is horrible, too. We had company Friday and Saturday, so no writing. Sunday, I did manage to get in another 800 words, but last night I was bad. I started reading Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and I couldn't put it down. I forced myself to bed at 1:00 in the morning! I got up at the usual 6:00, but with the kids sick, at least I got another two hours of sleep in, but boy, the rest of the day was wild. You would think two sick kids would just lay around all day napping, but not mine. Yeah, they complained about the aches and pains, but the fighting was off the charts. My role today was that of referee, while the poor baby was taking it all in. Can you imagine how bad she is going to be at their ages with all she is exposed to?

So, how was your day? Are you reading anything that is keeping away from your writing?


14 comments:

  1. Thank you! Dude, you just made my day!

    I hope that you feel better soon. My husband is home sick today as well so hopefully he doesn't give it to me.

    So Hush, Hush is good? I soooo want to read that. I'm not reading any books at the moment, but I'm beta reading some really awesome stuff so I guess that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melane, THANK YOU!! I love the award :) And I was one of your first followers because you definitely have talent, girl! :)

    Sorry about the sick kids-mine fight too when they are ill.

    I'm almost finished with Honeymoon by James Patterson and Howard Rough (I think that's the other author's name...oh crap) at any rate...it's a great book and I didn't expect it to be since it was co-authored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for your awards and to those who received your awards. It just feels good to get and give those.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melane, you sweetheart! You completely made my day. Thank you so much for nominating me. This is my first award, you know :) I'm sorry about your sick kids! Hope the chicken soup and OJ get them back up and running and out of your hair asap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melanie!

    I stumbled over from Julie's blog, and I'm glad I did.

    Congratulations to all the winners!

    Happy writing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melane! Thanks for the shout out (and for entering the contest! Congrats on the award-your blog definitely deserves it. And Good Luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished Hush, Hush last night. Fantastic! Definitely kept me from writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. melane,
    Thought you should know. If you go to my blog and look at the blogs I follow, there is one listed called Late Bloomer Online. They are doing a live chat with Becca Fitzpatrick on November 17th. I have "attended" the other live chats that took place this month. It's really kewl. I highly recommend that you attend if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jade - You're welcome. I always laugh when I visit your blog.

    Kristi Faith - Wow, you made me smile! The kids are getting better, but I'm feeling worse.

    Julie - I know how you feel about the first award. I got my first one just last week!

    Tamika - Welcome! I love meeting new people.

    Shannon - You're welcome! It's a great contest (I really hope I win!)

    Anissa - I am loving this book! My reading time is limited, but I'm over halfway finished now! The characters are awesome.

    Tina Lynn - Thank you! I will definitely have to tune attend. I'm all about kewl stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuck. I hate being sick. I hope your family gets better soon. And, yes, I'm always reading something that's keeping me away from my writing. Today it is "The Vampire's Assistant" by Darren Shan. I'm enjoying it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I hope you all feel better. I to read Hush, Hush like Anissa, and It was so good. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kasie - Thanks, the kids are getting better, but I'm not. That sounds like a good book.

    Erica - Thanks. I'm a little over half way finished with Hush, Hush. I love it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw you're so welcome Melane! And I hope you get to take your first trip to Disneyland someday... every so often when I go I'll see an adult wearing a button that says "1st Trip to Disneyland" and it makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diana - I am waiting for the baby to get a litte older. Just can't see taking her now when she is so young and won't remember anything.

    ReplyDelete