Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Forward March

I took everyone's advice and pushed on through. My WIP now has about 1000 more words. It wasn't easy...I wanted to go back and edit some more, but I resisted. I'm really happy with the new scenes, but I'm afraid in a few days I'll look at it and think What crap, I need to fix it now! Oh, well, that's part of the process.

Welcome to my five new followers! I didn't think I would have any for a while, so I'm very happy. I'll try hard not to bore you too much, seeing that I'm so new to the game and all.

I didn't say this before, but another reason I chose to start blogging was for accountability. I used to loathe that word. See, in my former work life, teacher accountability was the buzz word of choice used by the state to assess student performance. But now, I'm embracing accountability. I am a procrastinator by nature, and since I'm seriously attempting to write a book now, I need to have someone to be accountable to. I don't belong to a crit group yet, so anyone out there who is reading this be warned...you will hear all about my progress or lack thereof.

5 comments:

  1. Accountability is a good thing. I need more of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days (okay most days) accountablility is the only thing that gets new words written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1000 words is fantastic, you can do it :)

    I'm also a procrastinator and you're right, accountability is our best friend.

    Congrats on five new followers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you here! :)
    Good job with your progress, keep at it!

    ReplyDelete