Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm Addicted

Yes, folks, I've developed an unhealthy addiction to blogging. I am spending way too much time on the Internet these days. My mind is screaming You need to write! You haven't written anything new for a week! What's wrong with you? But I can't help it. I am having a blast finding new writers out there and "meeting" new people, and I'm super happy to have 22 followers now. It's a strange feeling knowing that there's people out there actually reading my little blog. Now I've got to come up with topics that might be somewhat interesting for y'all to read. (I'm from the south, so I do say y'all frequently).

Any free moment finds me sitting at my desk online, but I've decided that has to stop. I am going to attempt to limit my blogging to an hour (maybe a little bit more) a day. If I don't, I may not finish my poor WIP until sometime next year. I originally gave myself until the end of October to finish the first draft, but that's not gonna happen now! So my new deadline is the end of November. Your task, if you choose to accept, is to hold me accountable. I need to finish!

So, my question....do you find yourself blogging too much? If so, what do you do to limit yourself?

5 comments:

  1. melane,
    I am addicted, too. I love my writer/blogger friends and my day just does not seem complete until I spend some time in their heads. You should post your progress on your blog so we can hold you accountable for writing.

    I do have to say that I appreciate a short, witty post. Helps me "limit" my time if you know what I mean.

    But I still read the long ones. What can I say? I love my blogger/writer buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I limit myself to an hour in the morning and once I'm done with my writing I'm free to hop on and off throughout the day, in between diaper changes, reading books to the kids........ :D
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to tell you that it gets easier, but I'e been blogging for a few months now and I still spend WAY too much time online. Especially when I'm meant to be doing school work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm addicted too. But somehow, I've found a way to limit my time here. I'm still getting everything from it that I want, but I'm doing it more efficiently. I think you will get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i try to do 3 or 4 times a week, comment, and read my follower blogs - at least once a month. I just have to schedule time.

    ReplyDelete