The wonderful Shannon at Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe is having a fabulous contest. Up for grabs this time is a signed copy of Twilight! Isn't she great? The contest is open until December 10, so hurry over and register.
The lovely Sara tagged me with my very first "meme!" Now don't get too excited about reading this. It's writing related, and since I'm so new to this, my answers may get a little repetitive. Sorry! Oh, and before I begin, I'm going to tag Tina Lynn and Erica.
1. What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
The last thing I wrote was in my WIP last night. The first thing I wrote that I still have is a short story from way back in sixth grade. I entered it in a school contest and won, which made me soooo happy because I beat seventh and eighth graders to win.
2. Write poetry?
No, I like to read it, but I suck at writing it.
3. Angsty poetry?
Well, I like to read it:)
4. Favorite genre of writing.
Anything under the umbrella of speculative fiction.
5. Most annoying character you've ever created.
I had a project I started outlining and promptly abandoned when I was in college (See I've WANTED to be a writer for a loooong time). Anyway, the main character was whiny and self-indulgent. Don't know why I made her that way...
6. Best plot you've ever created?
Obviously, the one I'm working on now...since I've never written a book before:)
7. Coolest plot twist you've ever created?
I can't tell you that...my crit group doesn't even know yet!!!! (Inserts evil laugh)
8. How often do you get writer's block?
Hmmm... I wrote like crazy for the first few weeks when I started my WIP, but then I hit a major snag. Took me a week to figure out where I wanted to go, and ever since then I've been on a roll. It's just hard to work sometimes with all of the distractions, but I'm getting better:)
9. Write fan fiction?
No, never had the urge.
10. Do you type or write by hand?
Type..I'm pretty fast. If I wrote by hand, I would never get anything done.
11. Do you save everything you write?
Of course, I'm not crazy!
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you abandoned it?
No way...I've looked at some of the ideas I wrote down in the past and they are AWFUL!
13. What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
My current WIP. What can I say, I love it:)
14. What's everyone else's favorite story that you've written?
Not a clue.....I haven't let anyone except my crit group read my WIP, and I haven't written any short stories since I was in school.
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
I had an outline of a cheesy romance from when I was in college (I really, really, really wanted to be a writer way back then), but I never started it.
16. What's your favorite setting for your characters?
My current WIP is set in the foothills of a mountain range. I LOVE the mountains!
17. How many writing projects are you working on right now?
Just one. Any more would blow my mind.
18. Have you ever won an award for your writing?
Oops, I said this above...yeah, the contest from sixth grade.
19. What are your five favorite words.
Apparently they are now, look, just, then, and glance. I have used them way too much in my WIP.
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself.
The mc from the short story that won the contest was basically me.
21. Where do you get ideas for your characters?
People watching and using some of my own characteristics. But once I get the basics down, they come alive and tell me about themselves, if that makes sense.
22. Do you ever write based on your dreams?
Well, I had a vivid dream a few months ago and I wrote down some details from it. I'm saving it for later and I'll go back and see if I can make a story from it.
23. Do you favor happy endings, sad endings, or cliff-hangers?
I don't really favor any one over the others. If I'm sucked into the story, the ending should just make sense with what is happening. But if you tied me up and made me pick one, I would have to pick happy endings.
24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
I obsess over it.
25. Does music help you write?
I can't listen to music as I write. Then the songs get stuck in my head and I can't get in the story. However, I do listen to songs for inspiration.
26. Quote something you've written. Whatever pops into your head.
Soon, we enter the fringe of the outdoor recreation area and catch a glimpse of the city. The great wall surrounding it cannot hide the magnificent marble government building that towers over the center, reaching upwards like a finger pointing in accusation toward the heavens.
And that's all for now:)