Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm So Happy!

A huge thank you to the wonderful Tricia at Talespinning who awarded me with this Happy Award! Doesn't it make you smile when you look at it? I mean, it has cupcakes and sprinkles. That's enough to put anyone in a great mood:)

So now I'm supposed to share ten things that make me happy. So in no order of preference, I present:

1. My family - I wouldn't be the person I am today without them.

2. Books - My lifelong love of reading is what ultimately led me to the path of writing.

3. Barnes and Noble - My favorite place to go when I'm shopping. Even if I'm stressed (from carrying all of my kids with me), a visit to B & N ALWAYS puts a huge smile on my face.

4. Chocolate - Oh, how I love thee, my precious.! From chocolate bars, to chocolate cakes (and cupcakes), hot cocoa, chocolate covered pretzels, fudge, and many more that I can't think of right now cause I'm drooling too much.....now what was I saying? Oh, yeah, I'll never give you up!

5. Dr Pepper - I drink way too much of this late at night to keep me awake so I can write.

6. Vacations - Whether we're heading to the mountains of North Carolina/Tennessee or going to the beaches of South Carolina, I loooooove getting away for a few days. It's always nice to have a change of scenery:)

7. Lost - I can't wait for the new season to start!

8. The Weekends - Cause I get to sleep in late.

9. Date Nights - I don't get to have date nights with my husband too much (very difficult to find a babysitter for three kids). But when we do it's fabulous. We get to eat supper and watch a movie with no whining, crying, or fighting. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kids but sometimes a girl needs a break:)

10. My Blogging Friends - It's such a great feeling to have friends who share the same passion for writing that I have. You guys get me (and I get you too)! I can talk about things with ya'll that cause most people to smile and nod politely while the glazed-over look appears in their eyes. So you guys ROCK!

Now to pass this award on to some blogs that always make me happy. Feel free to pass this along or not - it's up to you.

**Carol at Carol's Prints
**Kristi Faith at Random Acts of Writing
**Elle Strauss
**Elana Johnson
**Amber at Musings of Amber Murphy

Okay, I hope everyone has a very happy day!

13 comments:

  1. Ah, there is nothing like a night out alone, is there? I think not.

    Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so honored, thank you for the award!! It's so nice to get a little validation for our bloggy work isn't it? :0)

    I'm so ready for the new season of Lost too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch for the award! I'm sure I'll find 10 things that make me happy easy enough.

    I stopped watching Lost after season 2, but maybe I'll get the dvds and pick it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Happy Award has taken the world by storm! Congrats on that award and Dr. Pepper is only reason I get anything done. Ever! : )

    Go Team Peeta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know what makes me happy?!

    Awards!!

    Thanks, lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that weekends are happy-making. I don't know what I would do without them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...thank you, sweetie. You are so thoughtful. Your blog makes me happy, too. I'm also a big traveler, by the way. Love to hit the road. And a big weekend lover, too. Funny thing is, I don't have a day job aside from mommyhood and writing, and yet, I still LIVE for the weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG if we lived close to each other we could get together and have a 12 of dr. pepper (mine would be diet), a pound of chocolate, and watch the LOST premier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! It's such a happy award :) I love your ten things. It's nice to remember everything that makes us happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Barnes and Noble as well, but we don't have any here in Canada, at least not around where I live. I guess our version is Chapters, which is nice, but doesn't sound as cool. My dad and I used to drive over the border to Bellingham and stop at the B&N there for an hour or two. Great memories!

    I also love chocolate...and sleeping in...and vacations! Yay for happy things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta love B & N!! Oh and chocolate of course :o) Congrats on the award :o)

    ReplyDelete