Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Signing Off

Well folks, I'm signing off. No, not permanently! (I would curl up in a little ball and not be able to function if I did that!) But I have come to a conclusion. I love blogging. Way too much. As a result, my writing has suffered horribly. So I've decided to embrace the ever-popular unplugging week. *sighs*

I've heard about this wonder, but I resisted partaking for several reasons:

* I love blogging (yeah, I said this but I REALLY love y'all)
* I learn so much by reading your blogs
* I love "talking" with all of you out there
* I didn't think I could unplug without going through withdrawl (still not sure about this one)
* I'll MISS you too much (no really, this is not gonna be easy)

Now I'm not gonna unplug completely. Not sure I can go cold turkey. So I'm gonna allow myself to read five blogs a day (no commenting *sniff*) and I'm gonna allow myself a little time on Twitter each night after everyone is in bed. So maybe I'll see you there:)

By the way, my unplug week could end early. I'm making a deal with myself that if I get 5000 new words before next week I can blog again. Keep your fingers crossed for me or feel free to act like my boss and ask for a progress update:) Okay, going now for reals:(

20 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the out come! Good luck and I just know the story will come out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great week and don't worry--we'll still be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you! I know you will be productive and come away stronger for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I lost my internet connection for a few hours yesterday and was in a near panic. I'm not sure I'd survive unplugged week. :) Sad, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am doing the same thing in March. I am actually looking forward to it, except, I know I'll be back reading for days when I first log back on.

    Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll miss you, Melissa! Hope you get a ton of writing done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be doing an unplug soon myself. Have a wonderfully productive time!

    my verify word? "wines" Love it! guess that means, cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, we will miss you too, but 5000 shiny, new words will be worth it and we'll be here when you get back! Well, at least I will... I'm pretty addicted myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a hard time the first few unplug weeks but it really helped my writing. Lessening the interruptions is necessary every now and then.

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with that. Hope you get lots accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun unplugging! That's when I'm the most productive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOU CAN DO IT! Good luck and we'll miss you. I prob need to unplug for a few days as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck and we'll miss you. I might have to follow you by doing this soon. : )

    Though, I'd probably cave after a day or two. Wait, who am I kidding? I'd for sure cave after an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love blogging too - that's why I need to unplug once in awhile. I found that if I write in the morning, I get it out of the way and then I'm free to read blogs all I want. Well, except for those little beings running around calling me mom and the ton of housework I try to ignore - it's guilt free. Good luck with the 5000 words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh, I get this entirely! I'll be taking a hiatus soon, myself. I just can't seem to make progress with my mss, so it's time. But I'll miss you! Hope the break does you some good.

    By the way, I left an award for you on my blog (yeah, I know, the timing isn't the best for you. ha!) Take it whenever you're around :)

    http://carol-in-print.blogspot.com/2010/02/agape.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your week off ;o) We'll be here when you get back ;o) Good luck on the wordage!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a great week and don't worry--we'll still be here when you get back!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you, Melissa. I'll be signing off-- for as long as it takes-- as I near the end of my wip. I love blogging too much to have my cake and eat it too!!

    ReplyDelete