Whew! It's been a long week, but I'm so happy that I can officially "plug" back in and visit blogs again. And to answer your question (if you're asking), yes I did reach my goal of 5000 new words. *cheers and thinks about doing a cartwheel but then remembers what happened the last time (and it wasn't pretty)*
Let me tell ya, I did go through a blog withdrawl of sorts on my first official "unplug" day. In fact, every time I tried to write I found myself getting online, so I gave up and cleaned the house. That's right, I spent my first day scrubbing toilets and mopping floors. But in my defense, there's something about a clean house that fuels creativity, right? Hey, that's what I told myself and it worked:) Then I spent way too much time on Twitter that night, so day one was an utter writing failure.
The next day was a little better. In between chasing the toddler and just flat out procrastinating, I did churn out a whopping 500 words. *hangs head in shame*
Friday was much better despite the fact that both of the older kiddos were sick. Even though all three kids were at home that day, the muse decided to pay me a visit and I cranked out about 1600 words. Yep, that was a personal best for one day of writing, and I didn't even do that in one sitting. Every chance I had a breather, I was at the computer tapping away. But like I said, the muse was a-singin' and I was a-listenin'. And when she visits, you DO NOT turn her away.
The weekend was basically shot. Between my niece's birthday party and cookout on Saturday and spending time with the family on Sunday, I produced very little. But Monday and Tuesday were very productive days, so I was able to meet the goal.
So what have I learned?
* I can function without blogging for a week.
* Twitter can suck a lot of your time, but I need some interaction with my writing peeps:)
* The more I attempt to write, the more I WANT to write.
* The more I attempt to write, the EASIER it gets.
* I'm a lot happier when I write.
* I still love my WIP. I've been in a writing slump for the past few months and I've had doubts about whether I should continue this project or start something new, but I'm going to finish it. I owe it to my characters to tell their story.
And that's it. I missed you A LOT, but unplugging is a good thing. I got way more accomplished than I have in the past two months combined, so I will do this again.
So what's been going on with you? What have I missed in the past week?