Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

I Need More Books

I never thought this would happen, but my TBR pile is down to three books. Yep, you read that correctly. As I am typing this (and trying to ignore the extremely high-pitched, LOUD screams coming from my toddler), I am looking at The Maze Runner, Beautiful Creatures, and The Body Finder stacked next to my laptop. And at the rate I'm reading things, I'll need some new material in a week:)

Therefore, it's time for a Barnes & Noble run!

My most recent infatuation was The Dead & The Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Finished it last night and I LOVED it. I'm definitely going to pick up the sequel (This World We Live In) and I'm jonesing for Spells by Aprilynne Pike, but I want to pick up a few more titles when I make the hour-long trip to B & N next week (I live in the middle of nowhere, seriously). Yeah, I know I can go online and order stuff, but I need to get out of the house for a while. Plus, I like petting the shiny new covers;)

So please give me some suggestions! Of course, I'm partial to YA, but I'll read most anything. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 comments:

  1. Anything by Libba Bray and Maureen Johnson. For Freedom. Let it Snow. Anything by Deeanne Gist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard Party by Tom Leveen was amazing! My Double Life by Janette Rallison. Um...Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. And that's all I got for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read "The Forest of Hands and Teeth?" by Carrie Ryan. Very good.

    Now I'm reading "Me and Mr. Darcy" also very good, but chick lit not YA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soulless by Gail Carriger. It's not YA but it's a great read.
    Hex Hall if you haven't read that (I couldn't put it down). The same for The Forest of Hands and Teeth.

    Graceling is SOOO good. The Guardian of the Dead by Karen Healey. It's set in New Zealand, so it's a bit different. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. I read that the other week and it blew my mind!!!

    Okay, I better stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins and Ally Carter's Heist Society. Have fun deciding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any suggestions but can you pick up a few books for me and send them across the ocean, please? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, so Jade stole ALL my suggestions.

    I will say them again just so you KNOW they're good.

    SOULLESS, HEX HALL, GRACELING

    And I'd like to add A CERTAIN SLANT OF LIGHT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second Hex Hall (or third or whatever)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished The Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong (the first book is The Summoning) and it is SO good. This is coming from someone who reads mostly adult fantasy, too. I HIGHLY recommend that series.

    Also, this is a little old school, but you should try Sabriel by Garth Nix. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the suggestions everybody! I have a very long list now:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh I flipped out when I read this!!!! I'm here to help!

    - The Truth Tellers Tale by Sharon Shinn
    - Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
    - A Bump in the Road by Maureen Lipinski
    - Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
    - Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard
    - The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
    - It sucks to be me by Kimberly Pauley
    - The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell

    I hope that helps your pile grow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you might like THE CARBON DIARIES: 2015. I forget who the author is, though -- and I just returned it to the library. Google it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't want to write down my suggestions, because I have too many.

    I came by to say that I envy you. I'd love to get down to three books. I buy books and hoard them as if there will be a shortage of books soon. I need to tell myself that the books will be online or at the store indefinitely. In the case of Kindle, I can download books anytime I want. Still, I hoard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My TBR pile is still huge - so many books, so little time. I just finished reading Incarceron - very well developed world and interesting premise.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm reading Catching Fire right now but I'm dreadfully behind in my YA! I'm also reading Edgar Sawtelle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved Kelley Armstrong's YA series.

    ReplyDelete