Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Books I Can't Wait to Read


I was at Barnes and Noble last week, and I was surprised that nothing on the bookshelves really grabbed my attention. I know there are a lot of great books out there, but for some reason nothing looked *great* enough to make me part with my money;)  Now I've been buying a lot of books recently - my TBR pile is HUGE!  But on this particular trip I couldn't find anything (my kids didn't have that problem). Anyway, I found myself wishing that some of the books I'm really looking forward to reading were already out. (And I'm soooooo jealous of anyone out there lucky enough to have scored ARCs for these books!)

1. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
2. Divergent by Veronica Roth
3. Possession by Elena Johnson
4. Crossed by Ally Condie
5. Supernaturally by Kiersten White

What are some books you're looking forward to reading this year?  What are some books you've read recently that were great?

15 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to all of these! But like you, my TBR pile is big enough that I'll pass the time pretty happily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to all of those too! I also can't wait for Popular, Possession, Hourglass, The Clearing. Tonight I'm starting to read Across The Universe and can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since we read all across the genres there are a lot of great books we're looking forward to this year. Many of the ones you mentioned are at the top of our list though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in Barns and Noble last weekend, too. I had a stack of books in my hand, but decided to put them back - I already have an overflowing TBR list as it is.

    But, yeah, your list is solid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such a great list!! I am craving almost all those books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can sadly say I have these on my list but DO NOT have copy of them. Super jealous!!!

    Those extras I'm looking forward too:

    The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder
    Entwined by Heather Dixon
    Bad Taste In Boys by Carrie Harris
    Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to jump back on the reading wagon. I've fallen off for a while, mostly because it encompasses my life and my family thinks I've been taken over by the monster Booklore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, I am the worst at remembering book titles when people ask! But I'll just go with your list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of those but have heard good things. TBR list is growing! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You read my mind. I'm looking forward to those five books.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking to read the rest of the Hunger Games series (I know! I should gave done this ages ago).

    Also looking forward to Patrick Rothfuss' new book in the Kingkiller series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read these, and also Across the Universe and City of Fallen Angels! My TBR list is awesome this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to reading some of my friend's books. There's a new Kurt Vonnegut out of his short stories I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that image you posted. Also, I know the feeling. I often get a little lost in B & N and can't find anything that strikes my fancy (maybe that's a sign you need to write the book you want to see there...hmmm). But I'm looking forward to the ones you chose too!

    ReplyDelete