Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not Another Resolution Post

Happy belated New Year!  I hope your holidays were wonderful! Mine were full of chaos, laughter, eating and painting, lol!

Well, it's that time of year in which many people make resolutions. Lose weight, exercise more, save more money, etc. Many writers make writerly related resolutions. I did that last year and I confess I did meet some of those resolutions, but mostly I failed. And that makes me feel like a failure:(  And it's not because of lack of trying. Life happens.  Things you want sometimes don't happen.

Even though I didn't meet a lot of my goals, I still had some accomplishments.  After all, I did write a book last year. And I met so many awesome people through my blog, which is a huge plus:)

As for this year, no big resolution list for me.  Instead, I'm going to say that I'll continue to write.  I'll continue to revise my novel and start the next one.  Hopefully I'll be ready to query this year.  It would make me all sorts of happy if I get an agent this year, but it's okay if I don't. Mostly I want to enjoy life.  Enjoy my kids.  Enjoy my family and friends.  Enjoy writing.

What say you?  Have you made any resolutions or are you ignoring them this year?

15 comments:

  1. The only resolution I made this year it NOT to make any resolutions this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy life, now that's a resolution we should all make! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here here Tina!!

    LOL nope, I don't make resolutions, but I love your "it would make me all sorts of happy" idea.... it would make me all sorts of happy if I finish revising my current wip, and if I write and revise another that I love as much, and if I continue going on in this way until I find an agent who loves my work as well :)

    Happy New Year xoxoxoxoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer to think of them as goals instead of resolutions. That way, as long as I'm working toward them, I'm successful. I love your idea of just resolving to enjoy everything. I think I'm going to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just going to try and work harder at hopefully the results will eventually come, but I'm not putting a deadline on it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa,

    You've been to my blog so you know my list. =)

    Don't feel like a failure - you tried and that's what counts!! It's the journey that makes us strong - the results are just icing.

    I hope you have a fantastic year. I look forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Melanie! Happy New Year. I love your "enjoy life" attitude. I've decided to adopt it.

    This year, again, I'm trying to steer clear of the pressure-cooker. All my goals would be Stella-related anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im with you. I dont make resolutions anymore either. I think resolutions just put more pressure on you.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. Yes...ENJOY life/family/friends/writing.
    May 2011 bring you great joy.

    Here's to a spectacular 2011!

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm made some goals (not resolutions!) for this year, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't make them. I think of the goals more as something to keep me focused, rather than a must-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude, I am so with you on this. I didn't bother making a list. I don't think I've even established any goals. Right now I'm busing keeping my head above water. When I get a chance to breathe, maybe I'll do that, but resolutions? Not for me. Not this year. Go us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As long as I'm happy and busy, I'm good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, Melissa. How are you? I hope you are having a great week so far. I stopped by to let you know that I had nominated you for an award; however, I see now that it is one of the many that you already have been given. If nothing else, just know that I think you've got a cool place here and that I appreciate what you're doing.

    http://jamesgarciajr.blogspot.com/

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Melissa... I hope all is going well :)

    I didn't make too many resolutions this year, because I love to make lots, and then never follow through with any.

    I kept it simple this year... write more, blog more, and exercise more :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's cool that you're resolving to love life and enjoy what's in front of you! That's a great way to start the year!

    ReplyDelete