Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

This is the first time I've done a Teaser Tuesday blog post.  Last week I came across one on Ian Bontem's blog, and I thought I'd try it myself. Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can join in. All you have to do is this:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Mention the title & author, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I'm doing mine from Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins. I'm cheating a bit because I just finished it on Friday, but I love it so much that I wanted to feature it first! I absolutely adore the main character, Sophie. Here's the teaser from page 272.

"Oh my God, less talking, more stabbing, please." My voice was squeaky with fear, and I knew my eyes were huge when I swiveled around to look at Archer.

So what do you think of the teaser? Have you read Demonglass? Do you have any teasers you'd like to share? 

8 comments:

  1. This was my favorite line! Such a great sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this but the teaser really perks you up to want to read more. Great job! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very intriguing teaser. I haven't read this, but the cover looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to feature books on blogs! I think I may be in love with Teaser Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this way of featuring books and the line you chose was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read the first one still! These books are getting so much love, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like this book and I would get along quite well! I'll have to read the first one, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I haven't read this yet and that makes me really anxious to! I'm reading The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney and would love to give you a teaser because it's awesome, but I left it in my car. :(

    ReplyDelete