Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Addicted

Oh wow, I just counted the books in my HUGE TBR (To Be Read) pile. Eighty-three books! So yeah, I think it's safe to say I'm seriously addicted to buying books. I can't help it. Anytime I'm near a bookstore (or even if I'm in the same town as a bookstore), I'm drawn inside and I can't leave without purchasing a book. I've even turned my kids into book hoarders. My oldest daughter has 22 books in her TBR pile and the middle child has 13 books waiting to be read.

My husband doesn't get it at all. He thinks I should read what I have before buying anymore. *falls over laughing* Yeah, like that's gonna happen! But he does have a point, I guess. Why keep buying books when I have so many to read already? If I knew the answer to that, I wouldn't have such a big stack of books.:D I know I should try to read faster, like I used to years and years ago when I was in high school, but that's impossible with three kids at home and trying to write my own book. (And I AM reading - I'm just really slow at it. Depending on the books, some might take a week or two to get through, others I can read in a few days.)

So go ahead and share...do you have a TBR pile? How many books do you have waiting to be read?

12 comments:

  1. Ha! I have about fifty on my TBR pile. I'm the same way when I go to Costco or a book store I have to buy a book. It's pretty sad, actually, I need help.

    Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a big ass TBR pile. You definitely win! Although... my TBR pile is constantly shifting as I consider it to be most of the books on my stacks here in the lib. I currently have about 10 books on my bedstand, but 25 or more titles in my head I need to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 83 books, that might be a record. My pile is shrinking as I went on a reading frenzy in the spring and only just started buying books again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladonna - Lol, you're right behind me! Maybe we should form some kind of support group. Book Buyers Anonymous:D

    Mindy - It's been a loooong time since I only had 10 books in a TBR pile, lol! Good thing is that there are only a few more books I'm interested in buying for the rest of the year (less than 10). But next year, oh boy!

    Patti - I know, not a great record to hold, lol! If I ever get finished with my draft, I plan to go on a reading frenzy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's impressive!

    I have a TBR pile, but it's more like a TBRR pile. To be re-read! Our budget isn't new book friendly right now, so I'm working back through books that I've already read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O_o How do you do ANYTHING besides read?

    Truth is, mine is probably just as large...but it's made up of sample chapters on my Kindle. I've been too exhausted lately to even think about it.

    Happy happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caitlin - Oh, I've got a lot of books I'd love to read again. One day I'll get back to them. *nods*

    Leigh Ann - Believe me, I wish I could read all of the time. But that's so hard with kids around:D Right now, my toddler is throwing a tantrum. No reading for me until all is quiet, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha.. I love the tbr pile, even as it grows! Mine is probably about the same, and still growing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love books. I can't go in book stores anymore...I'll never leave. PS: I'm reading the unbecoming of mara dyer too now!

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WritingNut - *high fives* Yes, I'm not alone, lol!

    JRuud - I finished Mara Dyer on Sunday...it was soooo good! And I'm the same, I could stay in a bookstore for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Melissa, I'm the same way! I think I have 60 some at least in my tbr pile! And my husband doesn't get it either!

    Still, I can't not buy a book I see when I know I'm going to want at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christina - I am so glad to hear that! *high five*

    ReplyDelete