Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Hello Again, Dear Blog


So...it's been a while since I've blogged. No real excuse for why I haven't. Okay, so I have excuses but I'm not going to torture you with those;) Anyway, here's a quick rundown of what's been happening to me in the writing department.

 I'm finally back to editing again. I finished the first draft at the beginning of February and I was all sorts of happy.


Then I promptly entered a contest. 


I know, stupid move, but I did it. And nothing happened. I should have expected that, but still it was a bit heartbreaking.

From the stupid contest entry move, I realized I hated something about my book and decided to change a subplot. No big deal, right? Ha! 


The whole ripping out a subplot thing was...overwhelming. So overwhelming that I thought of shelving the book. Plus, real life stuff happened. Anyway, I ended up not even looking at the WiP for almost three months.


So now that I've had some distance from the WiP, I've found that I can actually look at it again without feeling like it needs to be burned. Now I'm not gonna lie. Chapter 1 was  BEAST to work on. But I've missed the story too much to ignore it any more. 


Now I can write ALL THE THINGS again! :D


What's been going on in your life since I fell off the face of the blogging world? I've missed being here!


6 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Melissa's back! Glad you've come to terms with your WIP. I'm writing on a new YA project while still querying my Suspense/Thriller. I also found out I'm going to have one of my short stories published this fall. *fist pump*

    Glad do have you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go with the short story and GOOD LUCK with the querying!!! And you're writing a YA? That's awesome! Welcome to the dark side;)

      Thanks for the welcome back!

      Delete
  2. So glad to see you back. I can so relate to this post. My WIP has been so up and down, hopefully it's up right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patti:) I've missed everyone. I'm glad to know I'm not alone, lol! I hope you keep that upward momentum. It's so hard to get back to work when you take a long break from writing.

      Delete
  3. Wow you just described my entire writing process!!! So glad I'm not the only one! Seriously, thank you! Loved all the funny pics too.

    ReplyDelete