Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Be Inspired

I've been tagged for the Be Inspired Meme, which means I get to answer several questions about my current WiP.

1. What is the name of your book? The Edge of Forever

2. Where did the idea for your book come from? I was listening to a song on the radio one day last summer (If I Die Young by The Band Perry) during a long drive, and I thought it would be cool to come up with a new book based on it. I'm not sure why I remembered this movie, but I thought of Somewhere in Time and, with a little more brainstorming, mashed together the idea behind the song and the movie to come up with my book. Now my original idea was really different from what I have now, but that's where the initial spark came from.

3. In what genre would you classify your book? YA Sci-Fi

4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?
I blogged about this before in an earlier post, but I would still pick the same ones. The female main character (Alora) would be played by AnnaSophia Robb, and the male main character (Bridger) would be played by Josh Hutcherson.

5. Give us a one sentence synopsis of your book. Ugh, I hate coming up with those. Okay, okay here's a VERY lame attempt. 17-year-old Bridger illegally shifts from 2146 to 2013 to find out why his dead father wanted to break the most important rule of time travel and save the life of 16-year-old murder victim, Alora.

6. Is your book already published? Not yet! :)

7. How long did it take you to write your book? I started the first draft in July 2011 and finished in February 2012. I started revising right away, but soon got burned out. I put it away and started revising again in July of this year and I'm STILL revising.

8. What other books in the same genre would you compare it to? Hmmm...I'd have to say I would compare my book with Across the Universe by Beth Revis and Legend by Marie Lu. Both of those books feature dual points of view, which I have in my book, and both feature a mystery to solve like mine.

9. Which authors inspired you to write this book? I don't think any one author contributed to writing this particular book. I know I first wanted to write my own books after reading A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.

10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book. Well, my book has time travel, secrets, forbidden romance, rule breaking, tragedy, danger, and a mystery to solve. And of course there miiiight be some kissing. ;)

Now to tag some more folks! Patti Nielson, DL Hammons, Jade, Diana Paz, and Stefanie Gaither

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the one-sentence pitch. So intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faith! One sentence pitches are so hard to come up with.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tagging. Your book sounds great. I love SciFi - my newest idea is scifi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patti! I'm a huge sci-fi nerd. Good luck with your new idea. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, gawd! You're not going to make me talk my book are you?!

    I'm sure I've said it before, but your book sounds awesome. I'm hoping for big things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes! I want to read all about your book! I'm sure it's fantastic!

      And thank you so much. I'm crossing my fingers that this book will be The One.

      Delete
  4. LOVE IT! And I can't wait for the day that it WILL be published! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I couldn't have gotten this far without your help! Thanks girl!!! And yours WILL be published one day, too. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the concept for your book! And I love your inspiration-- one of my favorite songs, and one of my favorite movies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, your book sounds great. Say "forbidden romance" and I'm there!

    ReplyDelete