Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Let's NaNoReviMo!

So I was feeling a little left out with lots of writers participating in NaNoWriMo. I participated last year and had a BLAST, but this year I'm knee-deep in revisions so no NaNo for me. *cue sad violin* Anyway, as I was procrastinating preparing to revise this morning, I stumbled on a blog post by Peggy Eddleman sharing info about something called NaNoReviMo. What's that? Well, it's a support network for writers stuck in the Revisions Cave (and you know how lonely the Revisions Cave can be), and it's being organized by Jessie Humphries. So of course I clicked over and joined. Because let me tell you, having a group of writers to support you is waaaay better than sitting alone day after day, trying to motivate yourself to revise. So if you're stuck in Revisions Hell, join us! :)

Now without further blabbing by yours truly, here are my goals for the month of November.

1. Identify all of the remaining parts of my WiP that need to be cut (because it's sitting at 96K right now and it needs to go on a serious word diet. ;)

2. Rewrite new scenes or revise what I already have (you know, whatever needs to be done to make the book all SHINY).

3. Find a few more beta readers to read once I'm finished (which WILL be on December 1).

And there you go. So what are your goals for November?

18 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm going to have to be on the hunt for readers as well as a CP. Ah- so much ahead. Glad I'm on board with you great partners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, Julie. This is going to be such a busy month, but we'll get through it. I'm so glad to have found the NaNoReviMo group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very similar to yours, I'm in revision mode as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, Patti! I hope we both finish this month. :)

      Delete
  4. *raises hand* I would love to be your beta-reader ;)

    Good luck with revisions ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Juliana! I'll send you an email as soon as I'm finished. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm doing both this month, because I'm crazy like that. I've been revising the WIP that I'd like to query this month and then working on my NaNo project too. It's extremely challenging shifting gears like that, but so far it seems to be working.

    Good luck with your revisions! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I am impressed! I know I'd never be able to switch gears like that. Good luck! :)

      Delete
  6. I really dislike revising. Figuring out the missing pieces are TOUGH and man, do ya need a CRITICAL EYE to do so. But I think of the positive, revising can be sorta fun if you have something playing in your head already.

    Good luck on NaNoReviNo! And to all the people participating in NaNoWriMo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree with you 100%! I LOVE drafting so much more. You have the freedom to play around with ideas and words. And with revising, you have to actually figure out how to fix the mess you made. I do admit, it feels great once I do fix things. It's the figuring out part that I despise! lol

      Delete
  7. Go you! I have a book that needs a word diet, too. So I've been sitting on it for a couple of years just hoping the words will simply fall off once I look at it again. :)

    Best of luck with it all! And welcome to the group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if only the words would miraculously fall off - that would be perfect! lol

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you're well on your way! I'm working on final edits the copy edits for a novel coming out at the end (I hope!) of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your edits, Talli! I can't wait to read the new book. :)

      Delete
  9. i like that, sounds fun to have a group doing revisions! good luck with your goals, you can do it!! new follower here...hi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with revisions! I think NaNoRevMo is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shallee. :) It's been really helpful so far.

      Delete